Stress is inevitable. Sometimes it can be a positive force to motivate us to perform well, on the other side it can also lead to an emotional and psychological disorder. That is why taking a break from stressors are really essential. One way of managing stress is going out with family or friends. And if you are looking for a place near Manila to release stress and forget every problem for awhile, I recommend Villa Elisha.
About Villa Elisha
Villa Elisha is a cozy and serene getaway villa that has been conveniently tucked into the forest of the Phillips Sanctuary. This forest hideaway is named after Mr. Tom’s only daughter, Beatrice Elisha. Families, couples, and corporations will love renting this little place in paradise as they commune with nature amongst all the comforts of home.
When we arrived at Villa Elisha, we are greeted by a plethora of trees that lead up to the home’s front door. Inside, there is an open layout with the living room and dining room, but we find that the best part of that space is the large glass doors that lead directly out to the balcony. The villa has three large bedrooms as well as a loft, and up to fifteen people will be able to sleep comfortably inside.
The first bedroom has a queen bed plus a sofa bed, while the second bedroom has a double bed, single bed, and two mattresses on the floor. There is a queen bed and two mattresses on the floor in the third bedroom, and five floor mattresses within the loft space. Everyone will have plenty of space when it comes to the bathrooms too, because there are three full baths and one half-bathroom.
Amenities & Activities
While at Villa Elisha, everyone will find plenty to do, whether they are looking for relaxation or adventure. Some guests will quickly find the numerous hiking trails that surround the villa and will start exploring them immediately, not wanting to miss one spot of the great wooded forest. Others will prefer to sit on the edge of the fishing lagoon as they toss their line in the water in hopes of catching their dinner.
Most guests will spend part of their day in the swimming pool as they float and swim under the picturesque forest view and sunshine. Everyone will be ready for the challenge that the obstacle courses bring, especially those who are staying there for team building activities. The zipline, mudslide, and videoke will all keep people busy for hours.
FREE access to Phillip’s Sanctuary facilities:
- Swimming pool
- Obstacle Courses
- Hanging Bridge
- Fishing Lagoon
- Multipurpose Trails for biking and hiking
- Picnic Areas
- Children’s Playground
Extra fee and advance reservations required:
- Bonfire Area
At mealtimes, guests can use the kitchen to prepare their food, and while there is a store just off the property, everyone is encouraged to purchase their food before arriving for their stay.
During a guest’s stay, there is a caretaker on-site to ensure that everyone has their needs met, whether they need assistance with making reservations for activities, finding a specific hiking trail, or have questions that they need answered about the area. The caretaker can also arrange for guided tours of the area, so that everyone can leave this little oasis for a few hours.
We loved our stay in Villa Elisha as it offers us a forest hideaway from everything. So if you ever want a private getaway with your family or friends that would enable you to enjoy nature and pure serenity, consider booking a stay in Villa Elisha. This is one of the best Antipolo resorts I’ve visited.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do they allow pets?
Yes, they do allow them in the villa but not inside the house.
2. Do they accept day trips?
They accept day trips only on weekdays. Day guests can use the property from 8am to 5pm. Only one bedroom is available for use for day guests.
3. Do they provide towels?
No. They provide linen and beddings only. You have to bring your own towels and personal toiletries.
4. Can you bring and cook your own food?
Yes you may. They have a well-equipped kitchen that you can use. They have complete kitchen and eating utensils. They also have a gas BBQ grill that you can use.
5. Do they have a restaurant?
There is a breakfast restaurant in the property open only during weekends and holidays.
6. Do they cater food?
They can cater food for your group. Prior arrangement is needed. Charge is P250/pax for plated meals and P500/pax for buffet meals.
7. Is there WIFI?
How to get to Villa Elisha?
Address: Pestano Farm, Sitio Palinglingan, Brgy. San Juan, Antipolo, Rizal
*Note: Villa Elisha is inside Phillip’s Sanctuary.
Via Public Transportation:
1. From Cubao/Starmall Shaw take a jeepney or van going Cogeo and go down at Cogeo Market.
2. Take jeep named “Paenaan” and go down at Cabading.
3. Take tricycle and go down at Phillip’s Sanctuary.
* As alternative, you can also take a jeepney named “Pintong Bocaue” and tell the driver you will go down at Phillip’s Sanctuary. There will be a short walk to get to the sanctuary.
Via Private Vehicle
- Search Phillip’s Sanctuary on Waze or Google Map.
- Do not use or enter directions to Villa Elisha at this time as it will take you via another route.
- Do not take the Sun Valley shortcut as the road is not passable to vehicles. Normally it takes about 1hr from Katipunan Ave, QC to get to Villa Elisha. From Katipunan, take Marcos Hiway going towards Tanay.
- When you reach Masinag intersection, just drive straight crossing Sumulong Hiway. You will pass Cogeo Market.
- When you reach the Cabading intersection, turn left.
- Drive straight for about 5-10 mins until you reach Phillip’s Sanctuary.
How to Book?
1. If you don’t have an Airbnb account yet, sign up first via bit.ly/RIZANOIA to make sure you are getting a 1,600 PHP discount on your first Airbnb experience.
2. Go to Villa Elisha room availability and choose your dates of stay.
3. Agree with the terms and double check information.
4. Check-out using your debit or credit card. Don’t worry Airbnb is completely safe.
5. Communicate with the owner for other concerns.
Booking: Via Airbnb
Price: 18,000 PHP/night nett, good for 15 pax
Check-In: 12PM / Check-Out: 10AM
Tourist Spots in Antipolo:
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you.