Since it was our first time in Boracay, we want to make our 3 days stay a memorable one from activities and accommodation. I have been hearing from a friend about this paradise hostel called Mad Monkey Hostel Boracay. It seems unique and fun, so together with my boyfriend Brye, we decided to come and stay here for 2 nights.
ABOUT MAD MONKEY HOSTEL BORACAY
Mad Monkey Hostel also is known as a party hostel where you can have new friends from different parts of the world. Strategically located 5 minutes away from Bulabog Beach and from the kitesurfing action and is just 10 minutes walk to White Beach.
The establishment has expanded so much that they have eight 8 hostels in Southeast Asia including Cambodia, Thailand, the Philippines and they still plan on expanding. They also help by giving back to the Boracay community.
This hostel is also backpacker-friendly that offers affordable accommodation with luxurious vibes.
As we checked-in, they asked to show a valid ID and our booking confirmation. We also gave 200 PHP as a key deposit which was given back upon check-out. When everything was good, the staff gave us a short orientation and assisted us to our room.
At Mad Monkey Hostel you can enjoy a lot of amenities and activities.
Mad Monkey Hostel treats all guests to free access to the hostel amenities, such as massive swimming pool, spa retreat, and tattoo studio.
They provide free Wi-Fi, free parking, a kicking poolside bar and restaurant as well as a laundry service, baggage storage, safe deposit boxes at the front desk, lounge area for anyone who wants to chill and chit chat by the pool.
This area becomes more lively at night. Unfortunately, we didn’t experience partying with the others due to tiring yet fun beach activities.
They also have roofdeck spa, tattoo studio, booze cruise, WiFi and lounge area.
I personally love the mango shake and coffee.
There are two types of accommodation in Mad Monkey Hostel Boracay, private and dorm rooms.
Their dorm rooms have personal light, fan, and socket on each bed with comfortable mattresses, free linen, and mosquito nets. It can accommodate up to four people, with a private bathroom for sharing. For someone who has experienced dorm rooms, I would say sharing a toilet and bath with only three other people is a kind of luxury.
The private rooms were simple. The design reminded me of a hotel room and the bed was perfect for a restful sleep the nights.
Our Room – Standard Twin (Shared Bathroom)
MAD MONKEY HOSTEL BORACAY RATES
Standard Twin Ensuite – 2,800/room/2 pax
Standard Twin (Shared Bathroom) – 2,800/room/2 pax
Superior Double – 2,600/room/2 pax
Superior Twin – 2,600/room/2 pax
Superior Triple – 2,800/room/3 pax
Shared 4 Bed Dorm – 850/bed
Shared 4 Bed Female Dorm – 850/bed
Standard 8 Bed Dorm – 750/bed
Quad Single Private Ensuite (Bunk) – 3,200/room/4 pax
HOW TO BOOK?
REASONS TO STAY IN MAD MONKEY HOSTEL BORACAY
- DOT Accredited Hotel: Mad Monkey Hostel Boracay is one of the few hostels that has entered the list of compliant establishments and is the first to get certified in the area of Bulabog Beach.
- Budget-friendly: At the rate of 750 PHP, you can already have an amazing Mad Monkey Hostel experience. Pretty cheap right? What’s more is that no matter how budget-friendly this hostel is, they will never compromise the comfort of all their guests!
- Accommodating Staff: From the entrance, you can already feel the comfort as accommodating staff will instantly assist you with everything- from your luggage to fast check-in process.
- Accessible: There have convenience stores, eateries, and restaurants nearby and on the same street as Mad Monkey, making everything accessible.
- Party Vibes Like No Other: The bar, the people, the vibes, everything works well together to create a summer atmosphere even if you travel in a rainy season. If you want to have a party like no other, Mad Monkey Hostel is the place.
- Luxury at a Budget: While I realized we were checking into a hostel, it felt more like a luxury resort or a cozy hotel. The design was tasteful with a touch of elegance, and the pool was generous in size and perfect for swimming in laps or for a big pool party. I loved the comfortable chairs and hammocks too.
Whether it’s a budget accommodation you want, a little luxury and comfort, parties, support for causes, and conveniences, there are more than enough reasons to stay at Mad Monkey.
HOW TO GET TO MAD MONKEY HOSTEL?
- Upon arrival in Caticlan Airport, go to the exit and turn to the right side to see the tricycle terminal heading to Caticlan Port. Fare is 50 PHP/passenger.
- Before entering Caticlan Port, you will need to present a printed copy of your booking confirmation from Mad Monkey Hostel and a valid ID. After verification, proceed to cashier and pay the following: Terminal Fee – 100 PHP, Environmental Fee – 75 PHP, and Boat Fee – 30 PHP.
- From Cagban Jetty Port (Boracay), ride a habal-habal going to Mad Monkey Hostel. Fare is around 150 PHP good for 2 passengers.
Regardless of whether you’re looking for a staycation or a solo traveler who needs budget-friendly accommodation, or you’re with a group of friends who just want a unique bonding vacation, Mad Monkey Hostel Boracay is perfect for you.
This amazing hostel caters to every type of traveler and their staffs are very friendly.
After our experience here, we can proudly say that we had awesome accommodation. This hostel is like no other.
Will we stay here again? Definitely a yes! We highly recommend this hostel as your accommodation when you visit Boracay. You will surely love it here!
I’ve also made a Boracay Travel Guide for First Timers that includes first-timer travel tips to the island of Boracay with a general idea on how to spend your vacation, what to do, and more.