The much awaited Disney-Themed Festival of Lights at Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati has started!
This year theme is “Reimagine the Magic: A Festival of Lights” in partnership between Ayala Land, Inc. and The Walt Disney Company, Philippines. To my excitement, I made sure to be here before 6pm to find a good spot for taking photos and videos. It started by a short speech from a beautiful emcee explaining about this yearly celebration.
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS EXPERIENCE
When I get here, I wasn’t surprised by the crowds patiently waiting for the show to start. There were ties and guards blocking the crowds to get in the center of the courtyard. Luckily, I found a spot wherein no cellphone or camera that might be while capturing photos and videos.
After the short ceremony and 30 minutes Christmas light show they finally opened and allowed the crowd to get in. I felt everyone’s excitement and they started taking selfies. I also had the chance to see the large Mickey-shaped structure that boasts with different color of lights. Truly, this night is the start of the most wonderful time of the year!
Along Ayala Avenue just in front of Ayala Triangle, you will also see this light installation in the shape of Philippines’ most historic church.
HOW TO GET THERE?
Option 1 – Via Bus
1. From EDSA Cubao ride a bus bound to Ayala Leveriza. Just tell the conductor to drop you off at Paseo.
2. From Paseo, go straight through the underpass going to Ayala Triangle.
Option 2 – Via MRT
1. Take MRT going to Ayala Station.
2. Then walk going to Ayala Triangle for about 15 minutes.
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS SCHEDULE
Also watch out for these following location for other Christmas display in case Makati is not accessible for you.
• November 10 – Ayala Center Cebu
• November 15 – Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City
• November 24 – Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
• November 29 – Vertis North, Quezon City
Time and Date: The show will run every 30 minutes from 6pm to 10pm daily until January 8, 2019. NO ENTRANCE FEE! 🙂