For those looking for a quick getaway near Manila and want to learn how to surf, this place is perfect for you! Just a 4 -5 hours road trip and you’re already at Crystal Beach Resort in Zambales.
Crystal Beach Resort, Zambales
Aside from being a perfect place for surfing lessons, it is also a beautiful place for camping, team-build building activities or just relaxing while sitting on the beach chair.
Basically we arrived 10 hours early before our check-in time but the good thing was the front-desk staff allowed us to enter the vicinity area. We stayed at beach hut early in the morning and wait until the sun comes out.
We also started swimming then ate breakfast by 9 am. Then we went back again swimming and ate lunch by 12 pm. This was also the time I paid for our reservation for the camping tent.
30 minutes after lunch we started our surfing activity and ended after an hour and a half. Standing on the surfboard while riding on the wave for the first time was totally awesome and unforgettable! Thinking of this as a surfing practice for the upcoming Siargao trip. I was just a little bit sad cause I don’t have a picture when I did that. Anyways, that memory was saved in my heart and my mind. Cheers!
After our tiring awesome surfing activity, we took a bath and slept in our tent until 6 pm.
ALSO READ: Surfing in Liwliwa Beach, Zambales
Crystal Beach Resort offers several accommodations that you can choose from. But if you want to get the best for you or your travel buddies, I recommend you to book on their website as early as one month before your travel date. Why? In my experience, I called them several times a week before but nobody answered. Fortunately, two tents were available on the day we arrived.
- Airconditioned Room: 3,700 PHP/night for 2 pax
- Non Airconditioned Room: 2,900 PHP/night for 2 pax
- Regular Camping Tent: 2,900 PHP/night for 2 pax
- Day Trip: 890 PHP per day
- Surfing lesson with board rental: 400 PHP/hr
- Board rental: 200 PHP/hr
How To Get There?
Address: Sitio Liwliwa, Brgy. Sto. Niño, San Felipe, Zambales
- Go to any VICTORY LINER stations near you: Cubao, Caloocan, Pasay, and Sampaloc. Fare is around Php 300.00.
- Take the IBA-bound bus and dropped off in San Narciso, Zambales (nearest landmark: San Sebastian Catholic Church).
- Once there, take a tricycle going to Crystal Beach Resort. Fare is Php 15.00 per person.
Here was our expenses for 2 days and 1 night excluding food and other optional activities.
- Fare – 650 PHP (2 way)
- Regular Camping Tent – 2,900 PHP/2 = 1,450 PHP/pax
- Surfing lesson with board rental – 400 PHP/hr
TOTAL – 2,500 PHP
- Book as early as you can for your accommodation.
- Bring your own food to avoid overspending on food and drinks.
- I recommend Kuya July as your surfing Trainor, he’s the best!
- Hope this travel guide helps you. Don’t worry spending 400 PHP on surfing if you haven’t tried it yet. I promised you, you won’t regret it! 🙂
- For a level up surfing experience head to Liwliwa Beach.
- In case you found out that this place fully books on your expected travel, here are alternative resorts and hotels in Zambales.
KNOW MORE: Where to Stay in Zambales
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored or being paid by any of the brands mentioned. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you.