Calling all millennials out there who’s on a budget and looking for an instagram-worthy spot within Manila! Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila is heaven sent for instagrammers like you. For only 75 pesos you can now update your Instagram account frequently and achieve ultimate feed goal you want.
Since it was holiday yesterday, we took the opportunity to have our “Independence Date” here in Fort Santiago and other instagrammable places inside Intramuros. But for this post let me highlight first what can you see inside Fort Santiago.
Intramuros is a three-mile-long area covered by huge stone walls with many historical buildings inside and one of this is Fort Santiago. We chose this spot first because according to my boyfriend it has trees to avoid direct heat from the sun unlike the other spots inside Intramuros which doesn’t have shade of trees at all.
We entered Fort Santiago at 3:00 in the afternoon and paid entrance fee of 75 pesos each. Before we start our picture taking we had our quick refresher to wipe out the sweat and oiliness on our face since we took LRT, walked for 10 minutes under the sun and took a jeepney.
Upon entering the site you will see this fountain at the center of the park.
Don’t forget to bring umbrella. 🙂
How to get there?
- From Baclaran take LRT Line 1 and drop at Central Station.
- Take a 10-15 minutes walk going to Philippine Postal Corporation.
- From the Postal take a jeepney bound to Pier 15 and drop off to Intramuros.
- Bring as many OOTD as you can.
- Bring powerbank for your phone or extra battery for you digital camera because Instagram photo is life.
- Bring umbrella, hat, cap or anything to avoid direct sun exposure.
- Bring water and snacks because there is no food stall/store inside.
- Go there as early as 8am or late 3 o’clock in the afternoon.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothings.
- Bring a friend that always support you on Instagram goals.
Fort Santiago, Intramuros, Manila
- Adult – 75 pesos
- Children/Student – 50 pesos
Open daily from 8am to 9pm.